We’re proud to employ over 25 people from our brewery base in Burnley, Lancashire: brewers, lab technicians, sales reps and everybody else who plays their part. We like to look after our people, after all, they’re what makes us great!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to contribute to the magic of Moorhouse’s, take a look at the opportunities below.
Our current vacancies are listed below.
- Telesales and Marketing Executive
August 10, 2021
With lockdowns (hopefully) behind us, Moorhouse’s is looking to the future and to changing what it does and how it does it. It is a family-controlled business that is firmly looking ahead at what we can be achieved in the new ‘normal’.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you will be a key member of the sales and marketing team driving sales revenues and promotional activities whilst helping to shape the development of our in-house CRM system with a focus on new business, new products and online sales.
This is a unique role and perfect for someone looking to move into a new sales environment or for a creative, commercial person keen to get more experience across the sales and marketing mix, with a particular focus on online revenue channels, in an exciting industry.
This is a full-time role, but we will consider part-time hours if you are our ideal candidate.
Main responsibilities include:
- Increasing sales revenues by building and developing customer relationships through Telesales and online communication.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to develop our in-house CRM systems to target new business and new revenue streams
- Ensure customer account information is up to date and relevant to our targeting and promotional objectives
- Managing public sales and brewery tours
- Ad-hoc admin support
You should ideally have:
- Natural charisma – we all know people buy from people and so we are looking for you to use your personality and charm to develop customer relationships.
- Creative – bring new ideas into the sales and marketing team
- Resilience – the ability to move straight on with the next call and remain upbeat even after dealing with a difficult call.
- Customer Service Skills – you should bring a positive and driven attitude to the job
- I.T. savvy – quickly and efficiently accessing records and updating files. Must be competent on the MS Office Suite and experience of CRM is preferred but not essential.
- Organisation – planning schedules, setting priorities, coordinating with other members of a sales team, and coping with multitasking.
No specific product knowledge is required but you must show a willingness to both learn on the job and via a dedicated training programme.
The role is office based at the Brewery in Burnley. Salary will be in line with your expertise and experience.
Application deadline: 05/09/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent